Backend Developer (Platform Team)
It’s official, global digital marketing spend reached a record high of around $340 billion in 2020, and the future of CX management and social media spend is at the heart of every organization. This is why Emplifi has brought together world-leading specialists in everything CX and marketing related, to help innovative brands gain the insights they need to meet fast-changing expectations. As we work with some of the top Fortune 500 companies across the world, our mission is to help create powerful and progressive experiences across the entire customer journey.
About the Engineering Team
Our cross-functional development teams always follow best software development practices - we solve our customer’s most pressing issues each sprint. We’re fast to roll out releases, but make sure everything is smooth. We strongly encourage ideas and innovation and share these during our internal Tech Talks. The cornerstone of our business is data. We process it in real time. On top of that, we react fast to API changes of social platforms but we’re ready to take on challenges and enjoy them.
On the front end, we’re using the React-Redux ecosystem built on leading quality UI components with a passion for UX and performance. On the back end, to keep the clients’ satisfaction high, we’re managing hundreds of Node.js APIs and microservices. Our data platform team uses Node.js services in combination with in-memory queues and storage. We also use several databases, like ElasticSearch, Hbase (+Hadoop), DynamoDB, MongoDB, Redis, and PostgreSQL. Ready to join our dynamic environment? We’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for experienced people willing to learn on a daily basis to help us develop and improve our internal platform (APIs, BE services, data processing,…). We expect you to bring new ideas and help us implement them in our key systems to keep up with increasing demand on our platform.
- Work with a team of developers with an agile mindset
- Eagerness to learn new things on a regular basis
- Improving various parts of the platform, which will come into your ownership
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in working on production systems
- Fundamental knowledge of SQL and NoSQL database systems
- Knowledge of Git
- Knowledge of Linux / Unix
Technology Stack you'll meet here:
AWS, Docker, Mesos, Marathon, Node.js, Gitlab, Phabricator, ELK Stack, various SQL & NoSQL databases (eg. Elastic, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Redis), message queuing systems (eg. RabbitMQ) and data streaming (eg. Kinesis) / processing services (eg. Spark, Hadoop).
What You’ll Do Here
- Creating, monitoring, optimising and maintaining our internal services
- Writing APIs, designing and maintaining data storages for respective product features on multiple layers of architecture (Databases, APIs, application backends)
- Everything you make needs to be ready for a big load of data (our microservice architecture handles around ~800k req/min)
- You have to concentrate on reliability and speed - you will work with critical client data and we need to serve them and serve them fast
- Discussing technical solutions with the dev team and product team. We are part of the process since the feature specification (idea kickoff)
- Close cooperation with other Platform teams and Feature teams
- No Frontend work, unless you want some :-)
What We Offer
- International, fast paced and rapidly growing environment
- Chance to work with the world’s biggest brands at the CX tech leader
- Agile and open-minded culture, with high levels of trust and flexibility
- Opportunity for professional growth and development
- Possibility to learn new and cutting edge technologies, in an environment that encourages new ideas
- Work in an international environment in our new modern offices in Karlín, with our big terrace and our own grill (Covid allowing of course!)
- Multisport card
- Home office working
- There’s more as well! Speak with us to find out all details!