Junior QA Engineer
This position is responsible for basic verification that the product is implemented to the stated requirements and validation that the product functions as designed. Execute both functional and regression tests that verify the accuracy and reliability of assigned products meet stated requirements.
- Create manual test cases based on user story specification.
- Perform test cases and maintain associated test records.
- Record issues into a defect-tracking system.
- Follow-up and close issues entered into the defect-tracking system.
- Escalate issues to a higher level where issue resolution is not achieved within a reasonable amount of time.
- Work with the development team to understand assigned modules/new product features for the purpose of developing test cases.
- Actively engage with Product Owner and Developers to ensure the viability of proposed solutions.
- Performing exploratory testing once both RC and the production environment is upgraded.
- Complete all scheduled tasks on time.
Typical Role Definition
Works under general supervision. Has learned the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field of study, not yet the formal application of these concepts, practices, and procedures.
Job-Specific Authority and Scope
- Manager is consulted for decisions.
- Typically has no direct reports.
- Typically has no total staff.
- Typically has a geographic focus of Country.
- Typically does not manage a budget.
Skills & Experiences
- Ability to follow and report exactly as described above.
- Ability to write test cases and procedures to an approved specification.
- Basic troubleshooting skills.
- Computer operating system, appropriate subsystems and test tool knowledge.
- Familiarity with multiple hardware configurations and OS platforms.
- Typically, 0 to 2 years of experience.
Business travel of approximately 10 or less percent yearly is expected for this position in Czech Republic area.
Bachelor’s Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or related field. Master's degree or global equivalent is a plus.