Emplifi is a leading unified customer engagement platform that empowers businesses to reach and grow communities through digital- and social-first strategies. More than 20,000 brands like McDonald’s, Ford Motor Company, and Delta Air Lines rely on Emplifi to enable connected, empathetic experiences for the modern consumer across marketing, commerce, and care. Headquartered in New York, Emplifi is a partner to the major social media networks and digital platforms, including Google, Meta, LinkedIn, TikTok, and Snapchat. For more information, visit www.emplifi.io.
About the Legal Team
As an integral part of the Emplifi team, our Legal Eagles apply a plethora of expertise while embracing the growth mindset. We nurture our team through embracing diversity and celebrating our different areas of specialism (and locations!).
Emplifi is a leading unified customer engagement platform that empowers businesses to reach and grow communities through digital and social first strategies.
With more than 20,000 brands our in house Counsels are responsible for contributing to Emplifi's mission on ethics, global privacy and compliance.
A varied and fast paced role that requires a mix of legal operations and corporate matters, this role will suit someone enthusiastic and able minded.
- Minimise legal risk in accordance with the legal playbook through reviewing and redlining customer and supplier contracts
- Negotiate in line with the business guidelines
- Facilitate and instruct external counsel for specialist matters
- Develop and deliver training as needed on legal areas of focus to both the wider legal team and business
- Provide legal advice and guidance to the business
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies
- Manage the corporate desk for queries and operational requests
What You’ll Bring to Us
- University degree in Law
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a legal or paralegal or contracts and/or compliance, risk function
- English language fluency and high verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of IP law, licensing and SaaS contracts is an advantage
- Exposure to international privacy frameworks particularly GDPR and PECR
- Comfortable using initiative to implement continuous improvement and change management
- An effective negotiator
- Project and risk management skills
- Ability to draft clauses as needed and redline effectively in line with company risk tolerances
- An interest in intellectual property is an advantage
What We Offer
- International, fast paced and rapidly growing environment
- Agile and open-minded culture, with high levels of trust and flexibility
- Opportunity for professional growth and development
- Possibility to learn new and cutting edge technologies, in an environment that encourages new ideas
- 25 days of paid vacation + unlimited paid time off
- 2 volunteering days per year
- Learning Days and Internal trainings
- Internal hackathons
- Multisport card
- Language courses
- Yoga, Football table, Ping pong, Game nights
- Dog-friendly office
- Free refreshments in the workplace
- There’s more as well! Speak with us to find out all details!