Junior Data Engineer
Our junior data engineers have a good technical background and are ready to learn something new. They are comfortable with maintaining our existing solutions on their own, learning from senior team members, and helping others answer their data-related questions.
As a part of the team, they will collaborate on complex technical problems and participate in the development and implementation of new features. The main emphasis is on always striving to deliver exceptional code and following the best practices within the industry, as well as the team. They shouldn't be afraid to ask questions and discuss their innovative ideas with the team.
What You’ll Do Here:
The role is a part of the Data engineering team that provides data to all of the teams within the company and supports their use cases, which differ from team to team. Therefore we focus on standardization, industry-standard tooling, and best practices – our solutions are scalable and easy to maintain.
Good examples of our main responsibilities would be:
- building a company-wide data-lake on AWS, with scale of high hundreds of TB
- various ETLs written in spark/python from a lot of different sources (streams, databases, files, APIs, etc.),
- developing extensive internal tooling, e.g. schema registry, various clients, etc.
- using and contributing to open-source projects like Apache Spark, Airflow, prestoDB, Amundsen, Querybook
- Strong English
- JVM languages
- streaming and messaging technologies
- data modeling
- both RDBMS and NoSQL
- AWS stack
What We Offer
- Agile and open-minded culture, with high levels of trust and flexibility
- Possibility to learn new and cutting-edge technologies, in an environment that encourages new ideas
- Work in an international environment in our new modern offices in Karlín, with a big terrace and our own grill
- Multisport card
- Home office
- Unlimited PTO
- There’s more as well! Speak with us to find out all details!