Emplifi is a leading unified customer engagement platform that empowers businesses to reach and grow communities through digital- and social-first strategies. More than 20,000 brands like McDonald’s, Ford Motor Company, and Delta Air Lines rely on Emplifi to enable connected, empathetic experiences for the modern consumer across marketing, commerce, and care. Headquartered in New York, Emplifi is a partner to the major social media networks and digital platforms, including Google, Meta, LinkedIn, TikTok, and Snapchat.
Reporting initially to the VP of Engineering, the Commerce Engineering Manager at Emplifi will play a vital role in building and managing one of our high-performing engineering teams within the Commerce group. We are looking for someone with prior Engineering Management experience, ideally within the E-commerce space.
The EM’s primary focus will be the people, ensuring that they are placed in positions of optimal efficiency, while maintaining the cohesion and effectiveness of the team. Attention will be on individuals and their career/professional development, as well as accountability around performance and execution based on team/individual goals. Hiring, retention, sprint execution, and engineering processes will be the main four areas of focus for an effective EM.
The EM will have a deep technical understanding of our system and products to provide technical oversight, while acting as an authoritative decision maker when needed. They will hold the team accountable for maintaining technical excellence, fostering the use of coding style standards, secure coding principles, automated tests, documentation, and ensuring that our code is clean, consistent, understandable and maintainable. They will act as a key intermediary between the engineering team and customers, and keep our priorities aligned with their needs while protecting our roadmap and strategic product direction.
This is a remote/hybrid position, to be ideally based in the Eastern Time Zone
What You’ll Do Here
- Lead a team of high-performing full stack engineers as they deliver new product features, customize, and maintain our world class User Generated Content, Rating & Reviews and Live Commerce offerings.
- Develop, inspire, guide, mentor, grow, and evaluate the engineering team while managing their time and professional growth to establish a culture of transparency, quality, and pragmatism.
- Liaise directly with customers to ensure our product is providing maximum value, while maintaining a technically robust system.
- Work closely with Technical Leads, relying on your hands on technical skills to provide engineering oversight and guide important team wide technical decision making.
- Collaborate with PMs and designers throughout the product development process, allocating resources to projects and focusing on advocating for a balance of product and engineering needs.
- Utilize your experience to establish and expand team best practices, tooling, documentation, communication workflows, and other essential processes for our growing team.
- Consistently challenge and influence the direction of our product offerings to improve visibility, monitoring, quality, security and customer satisfaction through technical and customer focused thinking.
- Work closely with the VP of Engineering, enterprise architects, and other engineering leaders across Emplifi to bring consistency and help integrate the engineering teams and technologies in the Commerce group.
- Provide technical assistance on projects, architecture discussions, high urgency issues, and other critical engineering initiatives.
What You’ll Bring to Us
- Exceptional Communication: Effectively communicate across multiple functional groups and customers, fostering strong relationships and addressing challenges with empathy and confidence.
- Technical Leadership: Approach projects with technical feasibility, efficiency, and quality in mind, continuously striving to improve the scalability and maintainability of our systems.
- Engineering Excellence: Leverage your hands-on technical expertise to guide engineering investigations, offer technical assistance on critical projects and architecture discussions, and provide support during high-urgency issues - you should be comfortable reviewing pull requests and having deeply technical conversations with your Technical Leads.
- Process Orientation: Constantly iterate on team wide processes, driving efficiency by creating clear and practical processes. Be comfortable questioning the status quo and always pushing yourself and others to rethink how we as a team approach problems.
- Product Mindset: Approach problems from the perspective of our users with a “product first” mentality to deliver intuitive and easy/fun to use products which provide maximum value to all of our customers.
- Pragmatism: Balance innovation and product stability to drive progress that aligns with the team's objectives, and which works for our specific groups’ strengths and needs.
What Tech We Use
- Java Spring Boot
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB
What We Offer
- International, fast paced and rapidly growing environment
- Chance to work with the world's biggest brands at the CX tech leader
- Agile and open-minded culture with a high level of flexibility
- Opportunity for professional growth and development
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible working hours
- A corporate group insurance coverage (after 3 months)
- Sick days
- Community days (2 days per year)
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- There’s more as well! Speak with us to find out all details!