Junior Technical Writer - Internship
The goal of this unpaid internship is to help the Technical Documentation team migrate product documentation sets from multiple resources to the Emplifi documentation center.
The position is ideal for anyone who wants to learn to create and manage content, use technical and formatting elements to convey information, and or enhance their copywriting skills in a more technical domain. Please note that this position is only available for someone based in the Czech Republic.
The skills you gain are easily transferable to UX writing, UI design, content management, localization, software development, etc.
What You’ll Do Here
- Copy documentation assets among multiple content management systems or websites (MadCap Flare, Paligo, Confluence, HTML)
- Verify the migrated content integrity on both the page and the doc set level
- Review and/or restore document structure (text, images, formatting)
- Working with the Docs team, build alternative representations of content elements without direct counterparts in the target CMS
- Recreate or amend the documentation structure
- Restore internal doc sets’ links and amend text structure when necessary
What You'll Bring to Us
- Very good command of English language
- Keen eye for details
- Some experience with writing and text-based content work (copywriting, UX writing, journalism, localization/translation)
- Experience in software development and/or image editing is a plus