Staff Accountant, Accounts Payable (North America)
Emplifi is a leading unified customer engagement platform that empowers businesses to reach and grow communities through digital- and social-first strategies. More than 20,000 brands like McDonald’s, Ford Motor Company, and Delta Air Lines rely on Emplifi to enable connected, empathetic experiences for the modern consumer across marketing, commerce, and care. Headquartered in New York, Emplifi is a partner to the major social media networks and digital platforms, including Google, Meta, LinkedIn, TikTok, and Snapchat. For more information, visit www.emplifi.io.
- Process accounts payable invoices accurately and efficiently in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions and resolve discrepancies as needed.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with vendors regarding invoice inquiries, discrepancies, and payment status.
- Collaborate with internal departments to obtain necessary approvals for invoices and resolve any discrepancies or issues related to GL coding, purchase orders, invoices and expenses, ensuring timely resolution.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to purchase orders, invoices, payments, and vendor accounts.
- Maintain accurate and organized records of accounts payable transactions.
- Prepare and process vendor payments through various payment methods, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Assist in month-end and year-end closing activities, including audit requests, related to accounts payable. Prepare reporting including aging reports, open POs, accruals and reconciliations.
- Monitor and manage the accounts payable email inbox, responding promptly to vendor inquiries.
- Prepare 1099 reporting and ensure all vendors have the required tax identification information on file.
- Provide support to the accounting team with various ad hoc tasks as needed.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in accounts payable roles, with a proven track record of successfully handling A/P processes.
- Experience working with NetSuite or comparable ERP systems is highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of accounts payable processes, procedures, and best practices.
- Familiarity with vendor management, invoice processing, expense report processing and bank payment processes.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and record-keeping.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, especially in vendor interactions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to troubleshoot invoice discrepancies effectively.
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel) and familiarity with financial software.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Organized and self-motivated with a proactive approach to tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong time management skills to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities.
- High degree of integrity and professionalism when handling sensitive financial information.
What We Offer
- International, fast paced and rapidly growing environment
- Chance to work with the world’s biggest brands at the CX tech leader
- Agile and open-minded culture, with high levels of trust and flexibility
- Opportunity for professional growth and development
- Possibility to learn new and cutting-edge technologies, in an environment that encourages new ideas
- Benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Coverage Options
- Flexible Working Hours
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 paid Holidays
- 2 Paid Community Service Days
- Company paid STD and LTD
- Monthly Home Office Stipend
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Educational Reimbursement Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Scheduled Company Learning Days and access to additional courses via our online Emplifi Academy
- There’s more as well! Speak with us to find out all the details!