Director, Campaign Marketing
It’s official, global digital marketing spend reached a record high of around $340 billion in 2020, and the future of CX management and social media spend is at the heart of every organization. This is why Emplifi has brought together world-leading specialists in everything CX and marketing related, to help innovative brands gain the insights they need to meet fast-changing expectations. As we work with some of the top Fortune 500 companies across the world, our mission is to help create powerful and progressive experiences across the entire customer journey.
About the Marketing Team
Marketing sits right at the heart of it all, between Product and Sales. We’re a team of social media marketing specialists, SEO specialists, content creators, campaign managers, copywriters, community managers, and email specialists, and we’re the ones who catch customer leads for our Sales department. How do we do that? We create progressive and personalized Emplifi content and publish it across all communication channels - social media, web, email campaigns, podcasts, and more.
The important part is that we measure everything we do, and use what we learn about our content, and our audiences, to keep improving, learning, and creating content that gets results. And the best thing about being a part of Emplifi’s Marketing department is you’ll be working with other marketing-obsessed people in an atmosphere of energetic, fast-moving creativity, with great ideas bouncing all over the place.
What You’ll Do Here
- Create, nurture, and manage positive relationships with industry analysts, serving as a centralized contact point and connector, establishing and maintaining regular communication.
- Engage and educate on strategy, roadmap and product updates to influence positive analysts reports and representation in leader categories.
- Prepare analyst briefing tours, presentations, and documents, looping in the right executive stakeholders when appropriate.
- Work with analyst firms to complete partner research reports, whitepapers and webinars.
Scheduling and Maintaining the Regular Cadence
- Establish processes for ongoing communication and education of industry analysts, developing and monitoring an analyst report calendar for coverage potential.
- Prioritize and manage incoming analyst requests for information, research support, research review, and customer references.
- Respond to analyst inquiries, monitoring briefings, ensuring that deliverables are provided and suggesting research topics.
- Negotiate, secure, and manage contracts and related services ensuring they support both strategic and tactical, near term and future requirements. Ensure that contracted services are fully utilized.
- Oversee budget, analysis and recommendations for purchased analyst research services.
Supporting the Wider Organization
- Ensure reports are leveraged appropriately to help build market awareness, increase lead generation effectiveness, and simplify selling.
- Feed analysts back into the organization and drive knowledge sharing across with sales, marketing and product teams to maximize program impact.
- Support the corporate communications team in other PR-related programs and activities, including securing analyst quotes for press releases.
- Facilitating analyst briefings and interviews during specific events.
- Respond to, serve, and manage internal requests for Industry Analyst interactions, publications, research, event support, and other requests as needed
What You’ll Bring to Us
- A corporate communications and marketing background with an overall understanding of company technology and products
- 5+ years of experience working with industry analysts, with specific, significant experience in an industry Analyst Relations role in B2B enterprise software a plus
- A self-starter with proven project and business management skills and a strong sense of ownership
- An excellent and polished communicator, presenter, and writer who will represent the company in front of discriminating industry analysts
- Passion for helping build a world-class, innovative analyst relations program and desire to own and refine key operational processes
- Understanding of how to build and maintain relationships with leading industry analysts and analyst firms
- Prior, significant experience working with senior executives a plus
- Prior experience negotiating contracts with Industry Analyst firms a plus
- A BA/BS degree in a marketing or technology-related field a plus
What We Offer
- International, fast paced and rapidly growing environment
- Chance to work with the world’s biggest brands at the CX tech leader
- Agile and open-minded culture, with high levels of trust and flexibility
- Opportunity for professional growth and development
- Possibility to learn new and cutting edge technologies, in an environment that encourages new ideas
- Benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Coverage
- 16 days holiday
- Gym Membership contribution
- There’s more as well! Speak with us to find out all details!