Our senior data engineer is able to suggest innovative solutions and solve the most complex technical problems the team faces, but also participate heavily on development and implementation; be a role model for the less experienced members of the team, with delivering exceptional code and willingness to help. Besides technical skills, great communication and ability to sell technical concepts and ideas is a must.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Technical Leadership
- Provide technical vision and help with architectural guidance to the rest of the team
- Solve the most complex technical problems the team faces
- Participate on creating and reviewing company-wide standards for data oriented applications and tasks
- Participate on development and implementation of our data oriented solutions (platforms, frameworks, pipelines, tools)
- Proactively and continuously review available solutions and suggests improvements
- Go the extra mile and focus on delivering exceptional code
- Quickly learn all technologies required for delivery of our existing service or its future improvements
- Proactively help other team members when appropriate and on the other hand, seek support rather than trying to solve the problem on your own — communicate efficiently!
- Ability to step back from the customer requirements, perform analysis, suggest solution from the technical perspective and sell it to the developers as well as the customer
- Inspire others, sell technical concepts and ideas in a way that others will follow
Technology & Data
- Java, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Docker, distributed systems
- Optional (not all, just some): AWS data stack, Streaming Pub/Sub, ML models, Apache Spark, Apache Flink, RDBMS, Python or Scala (preferably), ETLs, DWH data modelling.
- Very good technical background (statistical/mathematical/computer science)
- Great general awareness of existing data technologies, trends and best practices
- Willingness to learn new technologies and tools; ability to validate them through PoCs
- Organized way of working with focus on disciplined delivery (both time and budget wise)
- Very proactive approach in solving problems
- Fluent written and spoken English
What We Offer
- International, fast paced and rapidly growing environment
- Chance to work with the world’s biggest brands at the CX tech leader
- Agile and open-minded culture, with high levels of trust and flexibility
- Opportunity for professional growth and development
- Possibility to learn new and cutting edge technologies, in an environment that encourages new ideas
- Work in an international environment in our new modern offices in Karlín, with our big terrace and our own grill (Covid allowing of course!)
- Multisport card
- Home office working
- There’s more as well! Speak with us to find out all details!