Tools you’ll work with daily:
On a daily basis, we work on React applications with various additional libraries for managing the state & the communication, like React Query and Redux Saga. You should be familiar with both React hooks and class components. You will get design specs in Figma files and use a shared design library for more UI components.
Most projects use Jest as a testing framework with Mocha being used occasionally. The older codebase uses Enzyme and newer projects rely on React Testing Library (and its family).
We focus on performance, so you should know your browser’s Developer Tools and React Developer Tools for measuring and debugging, and on user experience and accessibility, accessibility experience is welcome.
Our backend is using a unified stack with Node.js and API connectors that have a similar API as Express. Other than that, we use RabbitMQ as a message broker and the data is stored in ElasticSearch and MongoDB, some projects also use PostgreSQL databases.
For version control, we use a private Git and you should also be familiar with basic terminal usage for running scripts.
What You'll Bring To Us:
- Redux, React Query, or similar
- Some experience with either of the following:
- React Testing Library
- Jest or Mocha
- Basic usage of Developer Tools in your browser of choice
- Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with Node.js
- Terminal (Shell, Bash, etc.)
- DBs (Mongo, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, etc.)
- Does code reviews
- Open to join team and department-level meetings
- Be an active participant in meetings. We value everyone's ideas and preferences regardless of their level as a developer
- Enjoy working in a multicultural environment
- Understands the value of team collaboration
How We Work:
- Close cooperation with product owners & designers
- Scrum; Two-week sprints & biweekly release schedule
- Gitlab, Phabricator & Slack
- Fully flexible working hours
- Available home office
How We Learn & Relax
- Internal tech talks, online courses, and workshops from our seniors
- Hackathons, events & conferences
- Non Product development day every sprint (own projects, open-source, learning, …)
- Playing video games & sports (table tennis, fussball, yoga,..)
- Delicious breakfasts, lunches & happy hours on some days of the week
- Online & offline team-building events
- Company-wide events (game nights, trivia, grilling, …)