Senior DevOps Engineer
Emplifi is a leading unified customer engagement platform that empowers businesses to reach and grow communities through digital- and social-first strategies. More than 20,000 brands like McDonald’s, Ford Motor Company, and Delta Air Lines rely on Emplifi to enable connected, empathetic experiences for the modern consumer across marketing, commerce, and care. Headquartered in New York, Emplifi is a partner to the major social media networks and digital platforms, including Google, Meta, LinkedIn, TikTok, and Snapchat. For more information, visit www.emplifi.io.
The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for end-to-end automation from provisioning servers to continuous delivery. This includes deployments, monitoring, optimization, and creating repeatable standards and processes promoting continuous delivery of Emplifi's cloud-based platform. The seniority of the role reflects the type of individual we are looking for, namely with a 10+ year career in technology, of which at least the most current 5 years is as a DevOps engineer.
We are specifically seeking individuals who are constantly striving to stay current with the latest technologies, and who will work to implement, define and build the DevOps vision and strategy for our platform. As such the more “war stories” you have to tell, the better. We are particularly interested in candidates who have experience migrating from data centers to AWS and between AWS and Azure.
Besides being an integral part of a global DevOps team, you will be working alongside some of the best talent in the world. Reporting to the Director of DevOps in North America, you will build a strong relationship that will accelerate the delivery of Emplifi’s products while also improving the efficiency in the technical operational overhead.
This is a remote position, to be based in either Pacific or Mountain Time Zones
What You’ll Do Here
- Design, maintain, monitor, and automate Emplifi's cloud-based platform in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Initiate, participate in and lead deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability in the cloud
- Troubleshooting production issues in view of avoiding recurrence
- Performing and assisting with on-call duties
- Collaborate with Product Managers, QA, and Engineering teams
- Continually improve, automate and document our deployment process
- Take ownership and respond to problems and incidents, resolving or escalating as needed
- Suggest ways to optimize spend so that Emplifi receives best value at all times
- Above all focus on proactive measures to ensure uptime, value for money and best in class architecture.
What You’ll Bring to Us
- Passion for continuous improvement, not just CI/CD. DevOps is more than automation and an ideal candidate will be able to explain what that means to you
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Computer Science OR previous experience in the relevant position.
- 10+ years IT experience in general
- 5+ years working with Linux-based or Windows systems (processes, configuration, networking, security)
- 5+ years of working experience with cloud providers, such as AWS, Azure (desirable), or GCP
- Strong automation background in at least one scripting language such as Bash, PowerShell, or Python
- Solid understanding of continuous integration, deployment, and operations concepts
- Deep Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, SMTP, HTTP, SSL, load-balancers, and high availability architecture
- Familiarity with security compliance standards such as SOC2, ISO 27001
- Working knowledge of server configuration management concepts (e.g. Puppet, Chef, or SaltStack)
- Familiarity with containerization concepts (e.g. Docker, ECS, Kubernetes, etc)
- Working knowledge of web and application server management and configuration (e.g. Apache, Nginx, Caddy, IIS, Tomcat)
- Working knowledge of basic database administration tasks (MySQL, SQL Server, or PostgreSQL)
- Experience with some of the following highly desired: Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, IIS, SQL Server, Bamboo, Terraform
- Experience of large migration and change projects
What We Offer
- International, fast paced and rapidly growing environment
- Chance to work with the world’s biggest brands at the CX tech leader
- Agile and open-minded culture, with high levels of trust and flexibility
- Opportunity for professional growth and development
- Possibility to learn new and cutting-edge technologies, in an environment that encourages new ideas
- Benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Coverage Options
- Flexible Working Hours
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 paid Holidays
- 2 Paid Community Service Days
- Company paid STD and LTD
- Monthly Home Office Stipend
- Educational Reimbursement Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Scheduled Company Learning Days and access to additional courses via our online Emplifi Academy
- Premium subscription to Calm (Wellness)
- There’s more as well! Speak with us to find out all the details!
- Senior DevOps Engineer
- Type de contrat: