Medior/Senior Data Engineer
Our senior data engineers have a very good technical background and are able to suggest innovative solutions as well as solve the most complex technical problems the team faces. This comes naturally with the ability to understand new technologies and prototype new solutions.
They heavily participate in development and implementation and are role models for the less experienced members of the team through delivering exceptional code and their willingness to help. Besides technical skills and great communication, we expect the candidate to have the ability to explain technical concepts and come up with their own ideas. We would also welcome a great general overview of the data landscape and industry best practices.
What You’ll Do Here
The role is a part of the Data engineering team that provides data to all of the teams within the company and supports their use cases, which differ from team to team. Therefore, we focus on standardization, industry-standard tooling, and best practices – our solutions are scalable and easy to maintain.
Good examples of our main responsibilities would be:
- building a company-wide data-lake on AWS, with scale of high hundreds of TB
- various ETLs written in spark/python from a lot of different sources (streams, databases, files, APIs, etc.),
- developing extensive internal tooling, e.g. schema registry, various clients, etc.
- using and contributing to open-source projects like Apache Spark, airflow, prestoDB, Amundsen, query book
What You'll Bring To Us
- Strong English
- JVM languages
- streaming and messaging technologies
- data modeling
- both RDBMS and NoSQL
- AWS stack
What We Offer
- Agile and open-minded culture, with high levels of trust and flexibility
- Possibility to learn new and cutting-edge technologies, in an environment that encourages new ideas
- Work in an international environment in our new modern offices in Karlín, with a big terrace and our own grill
- Multisport card
- Home office
- Unlimited Personal Time Off
- There’s more as well! Speak with us to find out all details!