Software Engineer (JS, RoR, Python, Scala)
Emplifi is a leading unified customer engagement platform that empowers businesses to reach and grow communities through digital- and social-first strategies. More than 20,000 brands like McDonald’s, Ford Motor Company, and Delta Air Lines rely on Emplifi to enable connected, empathetic experiences for the modern consumer across marketing, commerce, and care. Headquartered in New York, Emplifi is a partner to the major social media networks and digital platforms, including Google, Meta, LinkedIn, TikTok, and Snapchat. For more information, visit www.emplifi.io.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Engineering, the Senior Software Engineer will play a vital role in building and maintaining applications and back end services of the user-generated content (UGC) teami within the Commerce group. We are looking for someone with prior Senior Engineering experience, ideally within the E-commerce and SaaS space.
The Senior Software Engineer’s primary focus will be on back end services, mostly built with Python, Scala and Ruby on Rails. Scalability and quality of performance will be of utmost importance, as we continue to scale and integrate our services into the broader Emplifi Suite.
This role will require a deep technical understanding of our system and products to provide technical oversight, while acting as an authoritative decision maker when needed. They will hold the team accountable for maintaining technical excellence, fostering the use of coding style standards, secure coding principles, automated tests, documentation, and ensuring that our code is clean, consistent, understandable and maintainable.
This is a remote/hybrid position, to be ideally based in the Eastern Time Zone
What You’ll Do Here
- Work closely with designers, PMs and engineers to tackle challenging problems in the ecommerce and content marketing space, and lead feature projects from start to finish
- Use your experience to expand engineering best practices, tooling, QA/testing, documentation, and other key processes for our growing team
- Lead projects across a variety of Pixlee services including scalable back-end APIs, beautiful consumer-facing galleries, and our curation platform, just to name a few
- Consistently challenge and influence the direction of our product offerings with confidence through both technical and user focused thinking
- Communicate clearly with the customer success team and customers themselves to ensure they are getting maximum value from all of our product offerings
- Apply your infrastructure and scripting knowledge to support team wide DevOps initiatives and engineer enablement work
What You’ll Bring to Us
- Product Mindset - Approach problems from the perspective of our users with a “product first” mentality to deliver intuitive and easy/fun to use products which provide maximum value to all of our customers.
- Engineering Excellence - Tackle projects with technical feasibility, efficiency and best practices in mind. Always strive to improve scalability and make the life of all other engineers easier through clean, reusable code
- Seek Ownership - Take pride in your work and strive to create an ever growing set of tools and features which resonate with you. Be comfortable questioning the status quo and always pushing yourself and others to rethink how we as a team approach problems.
- Pragmatism - Balance innovation and product stability effectively to continually push the envelope while meeting deadlines under quickly changing conditions.
What Tech We Use
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB
What We Offer
- International, fast paced and rapidly growing environment
- Chance to work with the world's biggest brands at the CX tech leader
- Agile and open-minded culture with a high level of flexibility
- Opportunity for professional growth and development
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible working hours
- A corporate group insurance coverage (after 3 months)
- Sick days
- Community days (2 days per year)
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- There’s more as well! Speak with us to find out all details!