Founded in 1960, Domino's is the recognized world leader in pizza delivery, operating a network of company-owned and franchise-owned stores in the U.S. and international markets. Domino's mission is to be the best pizza delivery company in the world. In 2013, Domino's social media volume increased by 128% over the previous year with the help of the Emplifi Social Marketing Cloud.
Real-time interactions bring customer praise
"The Emplifi Social Marketing Cloud makes it much easier to find and engage with customers just as they're getting ready to order a pizza, so our contact center is becoming a real-time marketing operation," said Terri Haffey, Manager of Customer Care at Domino's. "For example, when a customer tweets, 'Who should I order pizza from today?' we're able to quickly respond and win the sale."
The Emplifi Social Marketing Cloud automatically searches for hundreds of Twitter keywords and constantly monitors Domino's Facebook to find posts that need attention – less than 3% of total volume on average. Before using the Emplifi Social Marketing Cloud, Domino's agents manually sorted through social media posts to weed out the other 97%, a time-intensive and inefficient exercise.
"Real-time interaction elevates the brand experience for our customers," added Haffey. "The Emplifi Social Marketing Cloud shows us how much praise we've earned as a result of our social media interactions."
Shortened social cases create efficiency
The Emplifi Social Marketing Cloud integrates seamlessly with Domino's CRM tool. The compatibility of the two platforms saved time and increased the overall efficiency of Domino's contact center. In addition to the 128% increase in social traffic handled, Domino's has also reduced handling time by 53%. Social cases that used to take 15 minutes now are typically handled in less than 5 minutes. This frees time for contact center staff to focus on other important tasks.
Crisis mitigation with major influencers
Speed is also crucial to addressing crises that impact the customer experience. When the Emplifi Social Marketing Cloud detects one of Domino's preselected "alert" keywords, the team receives a notification even if they aren't currently in the platform.
"Emplifi allows us to hear the social media concerns and intervene quickly to make things right, even on nights and weekends," explained Haffey. "That has a big impact on long-term customer loyalty."
One type of time-sensitive event is criticism from a major influencer who can impact brand reputation. For example, celebrities including Gayle King (1M Twitter followers), Suze Orman (1.3M Twitter followers), and Miley Cyrus (46.4M Twitter followers) have tweeted about Domino's. Emplifi alerted staff, who then sent a timely response to turn these critics into high-profile social media endorsers.
"When a big name calls out Domino's, for good or bad, Emplifi allows us to respond quickly," Haffey said. "Timely responses ensure we're tuned into our audience and able to maintain personalized relationships and provide positive customer experiences."
Today, brands need to meet customers where they are to be competitive. As more and more brand interactions occur on social media, Domino's can respond quickly and accurately to all mentions with the Emplifi Social Marketing Cloud. Timely, personalized responses help build customer loyalty and address any crises that may emerge.
Do you want to respond to a larger volume of social media mentions in real-time? Schedule a demo with an Emplifi expert today.